Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Rapture

I was in line at the post office, I wish I wasn't. I should have been with my parents in my half drowned upstate town, I should have been in a church in some last ditch effort to squeeze my way in, to jump the subway corral into heaven while no one was looking. I should have been in bed with a lover, unapologetically, whispering the elegant things that only the end of the world can conjure on one's tongue. No, I needed stamps (for what fucking letters?) so I was in line at the post office. 

He assured me it wasn't about the gay thing, I was just a shitty person. It's fine, really, because nothing is different than it was before. If anything, people are more fun than before. No one's scared anymore. The apocalypse came and went like any other Tuesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment